Requirements and Conditions
- At the time of application, the applicant must be 45 years of age or under. A copy of the applicant’s passport must be included with the application to verify date of birth.
- The applicant must submit an abstract and receive a score higher than 3.5 out of 5.
- The applicant may not have received a bursary to participate in an ILAE/IBE congress over the past four years.
- The applicant must submit a short statement explaining why attendance at the NAEC would be particularly relevant to his/her present appointment or activity in the field of epilepsy, making sure to indicate the reason he/she requires funding to attend the congress and why he/she feels the application should be considered.
- The applicant must declare if he/she has sourced any other funding to attend the NAEC and disclose the nature of the funding.
The applicant must submit a signed reference from a person supporting his/her application using the following document NAEC2020 Reference (e.g. local ILAE Chapter representative, Head of Department of hospital or institution, etc.).