Who We Are
ILAE Secretariat Ltd, also known as ILAE-IBE Congress Secretariat, manage, administer and facilitate services for international meetings and epilepsy congresses. We operate from our place of business ILAE Secretariat Ltd., 7 Priory Office Park, Stillorgan Road, Dublin, A94 FN26 Ireland. We organise the following Epilepsy Congress events for The International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) and the International Bureau For Epilepsy (IBE):
International Epilepsy Congress
European Congress on Epileptology
African Epilepsy Congress
Asian and Oceanian Epilepsy Congress
Latin American Congress on Epilepsy
East Mediterranean Epilepsy Congress
North American Epilepsy Congress
What We Do
Through all our Congress Websites, mobile apps and services, we enable people to register for and participate in ILAE-IBE Epilepsy Congress events. ILAE Secretariat Ltd is the data controller for personal data supplied by you, or on your behalf, through our online services and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We use this information subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any applicable data protection legislation in Ireland and the E.U.
This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which we collect personal information from you. If you have any queries in relation to our use of your information please email email@example.com.
Information We Collect
The Personal Data we collect on our websites and on our congress apps from you, or someone acting on your behalf, includes without limitation the following.
• Information which may include your name, title, professional interest, association membership, date of birth, address and email address on forms such as registration forms, speaker forms, applications for bursaries or abstract submissions;
• Photo identification, passport number and expiry date may be required for discounts applying to age categories or for specific letters of support/confirmation for Visa applications;
• Photos and video footage which may be taken of you onsite during events;
• Any emails sent by you to us and any messages received through our online Contact Us form.
• As part of the registration process you are offered a number of ‘opt in’ options to subscribe to additional information services. You can unsubscribe from any of these services at any time by using the link provided.
• Analytical information about your use of our website (including how and when you contact us, details of your visits to our website and which site you came from to ours;
Purposes for Collecting your Information:
We may use your personal information for the purposes of:
• Registering you for a congress;
• To determine your age to assist in facilitating applications for bursaries;
• Contacting you in relation to information, events and research which we believe are of interest to you;
• Receiving and processing abstracts which you have submitted;
• Promoting, developing and achieving our aims and legitimate interests;
• Administering our website and apps;
• Enabling your access to and use of the website services.
Legal basis for processing
We collect and use your personal information on one or more of the following grounds:
• You have given us your consent; and / or,
• It is for the purposes of legitimate interests in our efforts to manage, administer and facilitate services for international meetings and epilepsy congresses.
Photography and Video Recordings During Events
We take photos and video footage onsite at all events. By registering and/or attending an event or a business meeting organised by ILAE-IBE Congress Secretariat you grant consent that the Associations may use images resulting from the photography and video filming, including any reproductions or adaptations of the images for marketing, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the Associations’ aims and legitimate interests. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in printed and online publicity, social media, and press releases.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most websites do this. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Social Media Widgets
Processing Your Information
We use your personal information for the purposes of processing all necessary documentation in the supply of services for your registration, participation in, or attendance at, any of our Epilepsy Congresses or meetings.
• Specific aspects of the information you supply is recorded and only accessible by the relevant person for that task. Your name and email address will remain visible to all staff tasked with dealing with your general application or query and you will receive correspondence directly from those individuals in the planning and administration of necessary services.
• When you subscribe to additional services for Future Congress Updates, e-Newsletters or ILAE Journals your email is recorded on a mailing list for these publications. You may unsubscribe from these mailing lists at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link provided or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Payment Processing: With online registrations you, or someone acting on your behalf, may provide credit card information for processing of payments. We do not retain credit card details of payments made though our online payment processing services. For onsite new registrations at Congresses we may collect financial information from you to process payments. In the case of Speakers or Bursary recipients we may also require additional financial information (e.g., your bank account information or an address to send payment or refunds).
Sharing Your Information
We share your information with third parties (“data processors”) insofar as this is necessary to fulfil our purposes as set out above and only where it is necessary to perform their specific services.
In all such instances we will ensure that your information is given the appropriate level of data protection under the applicable data protection legislation and that such data processors are subject to a contractual arrangement ensuring that your information is protected. They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them. We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
Storing your information
Information is retained for as long as is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes for which it was gathered.
The data that we collect from you is held in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In the case that we need to transfer such data outside the EEA we will ensure that an adequate level of data protection in that country exists that is no less protective than that which is provided in Ireland. We will do this by implementing an appropriate safeguard such as a model contract which will set out each party’s obligations and ensure that your data protection rights are protected. If you would like further details in relation to such safeguards please email email@example.com.
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorised access and use.
We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services, or for other important purposes such as complying with legal or tax obligations.
Right to Access, Amend and Erase Your Information
If you have consented to the use of your information you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
If you would like to request access to your information or ask that we amend your information or seek an erasure of your information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org setting out as much detail as possible. If after contacting us you are still dissatisfied with how we use your data you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission at email@example.com.