Epilepsy and inflammation – hen or egg, or neither of them?
- When inflammation causes epilepsy: the case for autoimmune encephalitis “hen, egg or neither of them part I”?
- When epilepsy causes inflammation: “hen, egg or neither of them part II”?
- Rare or new causes of autoimmune encephalitis: “from hens and eggs…”
- Immune histopathology of autoimmune encephalitis: “scrambled eggs on the microscope…”
ILAE-YES Session: The future of epileptology in 20 years: science or fiction?
- Computational modelling of epilepsy and predicting neurosurgical outcomes
- Gauging seizure risk and tailoring epilepsy treatment using multiday cycles
- From genes to therapy – how genetic mutations can determine our treatment
- Detecting seizures and preventing SUDEP
Future diagnostics in epilepsy – are automated methods going to replace clinicians?
- Artificial intelligence in digital pathology – long way to real intelligence
- Automated detection of focal cortical dysplasia using deep learning
- Automated EEG processing in epilepsy
- Computer-assisted planning of SEEG and laser trajectories: man vs. machine
The GABA wave 35 years on: the lessons from GABAergic drugs for future drug development
- The GABA wave – a history of vigabatrin and CNS-active GABA derivatives in epilepsy
- How vigabatrin, progabide and tiagabine affected the development of new CNS-active GABA derivatives
- The current role of GABA derivatives in epilepsy treatment
- Can we develop better GABA Derivatives than the currently available commercially?
Genetic therapy for refractory epilepsy
- Seizure suppression with neuropeptide gene therapy
- CRISPR gene therapy for epilepsy
- Auto-regulatory gene therapy for epilepsy
- RNA therapy for epilepsy
Electromagnetic source imaging in presurgical evaluation: get it into your clinical practice!
- EEG source imaging of interictal epileptiform discharges
- EEG source imaging of ictal activity
- MEG source imaging
- EEG connectivity in presurgical evaluation
Multi-scale recordings: new windows on epileptic networks
- Simultaneous EEG-SEEG during electrical cortical stimulation
- Can we detect mesial activity non-invasively? Insights from simultaneous MEG/EEG/SEEG recordings
- Microelectrode recordings reveal the organisation of ictal neuronal behaviour
- A multiscale analysis of fast-ripples in epileptic patients: their relations to single neuron activity and interictal epileptic discharges
Predict and monitor epilepsy after the first epileptic seizure: new tools from EEG and imaging
- Prediction of outcome based on clinical variables
- First seizure and new-onset epilepsy: the Geneva experience
- Diagnostic yield of advanced MRI imaging in a first seizure setting
- The present and future: are there EEG biomarkers for seizure recurrence?
Biology and treatments for CDKL5 Deficiency Disorder
- Biology of CDKL5 deficiency
- Preclinical treatments in development for CDD
- Clinical presentation of CDD
- Clinical treatments in development for CDD
Safety first – how to use registries for improved patient care
- Population-based studies for diagnosis and predictions of risks
- The use of therapeutic drug monitoring and prescription databases to monitor safety at the patient and population levels
- The use of a prescription registry for surveillance of adherence and success of treatment
- Mortality and life expectancy in epilepsy
The potential of transcranial magnetic stimulation in epilepsy care
- State of the art of TMS in epilepsy – presentation of the EpiStim Consortium
- TMS-EEG to track response to pharmacological treatment in epilepsy
- TMS-EEG as a tool in genotype-phenotype correlation
- TMS-EEG in the epilepsy monitoring unit
The role of (epi)genetics in epilepsy: new targeting strategies and implications for diagnosis and treatment
- Critical role of DNA methylation and histone modification changes for the development and progression of epilepsy
- (Post)transcriptional profiling in human epilepsy
- Small non-coding RNAs as novel therapeutic targets and biomarkers for epilepsy
- Circadian regulation of gene expression following acquired epileptic insults and seizures
Sodium channel epileptic encephalopathies: phenotypic heterogeneity and therapeutic options
- SCN1A related phenotypes, novel neurobiological concepts and therapies
- Genetic and phenotypic heterogeneity and therapeutic implications in SCN2A-related disorders
- The phenotypic spectrum of SCN8A-related disorders and treatment options
- Voltage-gated Na+ channels: electrophysiology, pathophysiology and therapeutic implications
Super-refractory Status Epilepticus – the way forward
- How good are the conventional therapies?
- Tearing up the pharmacokinetic principles of epilepsy
- Novel approaches
- Why try immunological therapy?
Women and epilepsy – lifelong considerations
- Epilepsy, hormones and the menstrual cycle
- Epilepsy and new mothers
- Epilepsy and older women
- Quality of life in women with epilepsy
Individualising antiepileptic drug treatment
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Treatment response prediction
- Inflammatory biomarkers for epilepsy
- Prediction of drug side-effects
Antiepileptogenesis, the holy grail: how can we find and assess potential treatments?
- Genomic approaches to drug repurposing
- Antiepileptogenesis in high risk patients following acute brain insults
- Antiepileptogenesis in high risk patients following first seizure
Clinical neurophysiology for coma prognostication after cardiac arrest
- Introduction from a neurointensive standpoint
- EEG: prognostic value and status epilepticus detection
- SSEP: pearls and pitfalls
- Postanoxic SE management
Seizure dynamics on the scale of years, days, hours and seconds
- Seizure dynamics on the scale of years
- Seizure dynamics on the scale of days
- Seizure dynamics on the scale of hours
- Seizure dynamics on the scale of seconds
Mapping brain function
- An electrical atlas of the brain
- A road map of the brain
- A cognitive map of the brain
- How reliable is brain stimulation for brain mapping?
Pharmaco MRI in epilepsy
- Antiepileptic drugs effects on cognitive networks as revealed by functional MRI
- Antiepileptic drugs effects on epilepsy networks
- Antiepileptic drugs and structural cortical/subcortical brain changes
What should child neurologists know when treating children with comorbidities?
- Therapeutic approaches to children with mood and anxiety disorders – Isobel Heyman (United Kingdom)
- Managing behavioural disorders in children with epilepsy and autism at the transition phase – Martha Feucht (Austria)
- AED choice for children with a neuropsychiatric comorbidity – Kette Valente (Brazil)
- The impact of epilepsy surgery in the presence of neuropsychiatric disorders – Elaine Wirrell (USA)
Dravet Syndrome beyond epilepsy
- SUDEP and acute encephalopathy in Dravet Syndrome
- Language – communication disorder
- Behavioural aspects / issues
- Orthopaedic and gait problems
- Sleep disorder
Neuropsychiatric challenges in epilepsy care
- Treatment of psychiatric comorbidities in patients with epilepsy and intellectual disabilities: is there a role for the neurologist?
- Pharmacotherapy in patients with epilepsy and psychosis
- The association of panic and hyperventilation with psychogenic non-epileptic seizures in patients with PNES
- Delineating behavioural and cognitive phenotypes in juvenile myoclonic epilepsy: are we missing the forest for the trees?
Diagnosing neuropsychiatric conditions in paediatric epilepsy
- Depression and anxiety in children with epilepsy: key steps to the diagnosis
- A neuropaediatric approach to autism
- The identification of ADHD in childhood and adolescence
- The role of transition clinics in the identification and prevention of psychiatric comorbidities
Optimising resection planning and clinical outcomes following epilepsy surgery
- The importance of identifying white matter tracts in optimising resections in epilepsy surgery
- Imaging and navigating white matter tracts to optimise patient outcome
- What neurophysiology of the white matter tracts can teach us about epilepsy and neurological function
- Techniques to improve extent of surgical resection and minimise morbidity
Non- and minimal-invasive ablation: the future, the past and the present
- The future: MR-guided-focused ultrasound: why are certain epileptogenic lesions are putative targets?
- The present I: MR-guided-laser-interstitial thermal therapy: in 10 years from single cases to larger series
- The present II: cases in Europe – how the overseas experiences influenced our perception
Advances in understanding of focal cortical dysplasias and the mTOR pathway
- The neurobiology of mTOR pathway
- Neuropathological spectrum of cortical malformations as basis for improved pathogenetic understanding
- Brain somatic mTOR mutations in focal cortical dysplasias: relevance for clinical diagnosis
- Electro-clinico-imaging phenotype of genetic focal cortical dysplasias
Update in hemispherotomy: chances, challenges and perspectives
- Challenges and updates in hemispheric surgery
- Predicting long-term seizure outcomes
- Predicting long-term functional outcomes
- Predicting long-term cognitive outcomes
ILAE-Europe – EAN Symposium
Stroke and epilepsy: unresolved issues of key noncommunicable diseases
- Prevention of seizures in acute stroke: are we there yet?
- Reperfusion therapies and seizure development – is there an association?
- Young and elderly stroke patients with epilepsy
- Seizures imitating strokes imitating seizures